Rated 4.1 out of 5 by 54
Rated 5 out of 5 by cnb unreal
I really love the concept of the device, it has given me the opportunity not only to track everything I do on the field but improve over time and I appreciate it
July 30, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by philipjames6 better than expected
Ive only had this a little while but so far I have been very impressed. I took it for its first trip on a treadmill to follow the calibration guide then went for a proper run on the treadmill to see how accurate it was. It measured my run exaftly how the treadmill said changing from 9km/h to 15km/h and the distance was spot on as well 5km. Th second run was on the road. I took it for a quick 2.4km using a gps app on my phone. When I compared the result they were again exactly the same. I dont know how it was so good when others have said they had troubles. Now to try some proper training with it see how it goes.
May 31, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by B Ballin Awesome help for training
This product from Adidas should be recommended for all athletes and trainers. It's lightweight, helps train for that big game day or any other kind of activity. Share with your friends, play the game, and have a good time with the Adidas miCoach Speed_Cell.
February 25, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by GLUU Brilliant idea - good first design
This chip is a brilliant idea. I wore it using the clip playing football and tennis and it did not fall off. The sync also worked and it is really good to have a post-analysis related and specific to the sport being played (tennis, running, football, etc...). The programs available are also really good.
I hope there will be future development of this chip. There is no doubt adidas competitors will jump the train and propose alternatives soon. I think the two future enhancements missing are:
- being able to save the raw data as ASCII (text) for our own analysis (excel, office calc)
- make the chip smaller so it is therefore stronger and we can place it at many different location attaching it with a velcro
- make it usable for skiing/skating for example
adidas also need to look at mass production, manufacturing cost reductions on the production line, etc... to make the chip at around £30 ($30) and look for volumes (with the same quality) and not sparse usage for the elite because the competition will do.
March 25, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by TwineFinder Amazing!
It does its job for sure, the MiCoach system gives you so much. Not only does the Speed Cell track everything you do, the website gives you workouts to help you get stronger, faster, and more. Great product, Adidas is out doing any other soccer company.
August 1, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Tailong Great
Great Product, It does what it says it does!
May 6, 2012
Rated 3 out of 5 by Schip79 Great Gadget, once you get it to work
This is a great gadget that can (sort of accurately) track your speed, distance, etc., but it takes a lot of patience to set it up:
1) The battery in the unit is ALWAYS on standby, and turns on when it detects movement. This means that if you need it shipped to the West Coast (they come from NC), you better have an extra battery ready.
2) The first time you try to CONNECT with the USB transmitter, there is NO WAY to see what the problem is if it doesn't (in my case an empty battery#. The helpdesk will have you delete and re-install MiCoach, delete drivers for the CONNECT USB and re-install those etc. #did this all at least 5 times), and then they'll send you a new battery...
June 16, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by SleepingDragon Great Purchase
Highly recommended! Worth the money, also fun to post up your stats on Facebook. Will even set up workout schedules for you as well.
November 29, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Kevinazo Got more than what i expected
I love the workouts that i can do and it records my speed, and how much i run. I play soccer and it is very helpful
December 29, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5 by jopeto Super item!;-)
Cool item,best ever purchase!;-) I use it in my everyday practise!(-;
November 17, 2014